Stories of financial independence, saving money and early retirement
Living the life of a semi-pretired stay-at-home dad keeps me pretty busy so I can’t guarantee I’ll be able to produce a summary each week, but I’ll do my best. Hope you enjoy!
Here are a few of my favorite things I read in the past week:
- Mr. 1500 from 1500 Days wrote a delightful rant about one of the crappiest unnecessary spending items he’s found lately.
- The always delightful Holly from ClubThrifty talked about the savings she’s seeing now that she works from home
- Tim Stobbs at Canadian Dream Free at 45, laid out an interesting thought experiment: Could you retire today?
- The point of pretirement is to live a happier, more stress-free life. That’s why I love that Tony talked about How to Reduce Financial Stress. Very smart piece!
- Joe Udo at Retire by 40 produced a rare rant on stupid spending. You’ll be amazed just how stupid.
Hope everyone is having a great weekend!